welcome to my little suburban oasis, filled with flowers,fruit trees and vegetables

Thursday 2 October 2014

Fingers crossed


I'm always keeping an eye out for plants being offered through the local Freegle/Freecycle network and last week I had a lucky find - someone wanted to get rid of a pear tree. Unfortunately, by the time I spotted the offer, the tree had already been dug up for a day - and we couldn't fetch till the next. So in this unseasonable weather, it was out of the ground (and presumably not being watered) for 3 days.
Sadly at the moment it isn't looking too well, with most of its leaves all brown and dry. I don't expect any new foliage will grow now so all we can do is water it and hope for the best.

1 comment:

  1. It's looking a bit sad, hope it comes back.
    Merle..........

    ReplyDelete